The Inveraray Highland Games take place within the grounds of Inveraray Castle on Tuesday 19th July 2022. Solo Piping entries for the Games are now being accepted and must arrive with Piping Secretaries no later than June 24th .
All senior competitions are limited to the first 25 entries received, a draw will take place after the closing date and if necessary a reserve list will be used. Competitors not selected in the draw will be notified and refunded via PayPal. Admission fees: sing £1.00; Junior events £3.00; all other events £5.00
Please note that on the day of the competition, the following number of pieces must be submitted to the judges:
Junior Under 18 Open
2 Piobareachds; 2 steps; 2 Strathspeys/reels
3 Piobaeachds; 3 Steps; 3 Strathspeys; 3 rolls
If you have any questions please contact the piping team at [email protected]
- Participation in the competition includes the form and payment. Competitors will only be entered into their chosen event(s) once they have completed the entry form and full payment has been received.
- Any competitor unable to attend the competition after registration must notify the secretariat no later than the day before the competition. Failure to do so without reason may result in denial of enrollment in subsequent years.
- Competitors must report to the secretaries’ tent upon arrival to register. Once registered, competitors will be asked to confirm their presence with the designated wharf marshal.
- Competitors must be present no later than the advertised presentation time or such other notified time, failing which they will only be allowed to play at the discretion of the secretaries and the pipe manager.
- The order of play will be respected as far as possible, but the committee reserves the right to modify it according to the opinion of the Piping Convenor, if circumstances require it.
- Each senior competition will be limited to a maximum of 25 competitors on a first-come, first-served basis.
- In senior piobaireachd competitions, each player will be told their tune by the judge when they approach the platform.
Failure to comply with any of these rules or instructions from the Stewards may result in disqualification and/or refusal of entry in subsequent years. Whilst every effort is made to ensure that the competition runs as stated above, the Piping Convenor reserves the right to make any changes necessitated by unforeseen circumstances.