Riot celebrates Arcane premiere with month-long in-game event
Riot is celebrating the upcoming premiere of its League of Legends Arcane animated series with a full month of celebration across all of its biggest games. Called RiotX Arcane, this month-long celebration will be a mix of in-person and digital events coinciding with the animated series premiere on Netflix.
RiotX Arcane debuts on November 6 at the League of Legends World Championship. Following the Championships, Riot will host a red carpet event to mark Arcane’s Netflix premiere. Streamers will be able to co-stream the first episode on Twitch without the risk of DMCA takedowns.
Arcane will release in three parts throughout November, and each Riot game will add some sort of arcane-themed tie-in when the new episodes premiere. Check out the list of in-game promotions below.
Netflix League of Legends: Arcane Images
- League of Legends will release free Arcane skins inspired by the series, a variety of Summoner’s Rift themed updates, and pre-season 2022 updates.
- Free Arcane-inspired skins for Jayce, Vi, Caitlyn, and Jinx.
- New elemental drakes, items and runes.
- Update on Caitlyn’s Art and Sustainability
- Card Accents on Summoner’s Rift
- League of Legends: Wild Rift will add an in-game Arcane Experience event, add Arcane Jinx and Vi skins, add Jayce and Caitlyn as champions, and feature a Jinx vs Vi themed week.
- Legends of Runeterra will add a new permanent PvE mode called The Path of Champions, add Jayce as a new champion, add themed support cards from Piltover and Zaun, and add a new Mega Event Pass.
- Teamfight Tactics will release the Gizmos & Gadgets set, add arcane-themed tacticians including Chibi champions, and add a new Double Up mode for playing with friends.
- Valorant, while not set in the same universe as League of Legends, will add a free RiotX Arcane Pass, offer free in-game collectibles, an in-game Arcane Collector set, and release the new agent, Chamber.
Players can check out the World of RiotX Arcane event hub page to keep up with all the new developments appearing in the various Riot games as well as the Arcane series itself. The hub will feature rewards that players can redeem starting November 7.
Riot Games is expanding its reach into entertainment by starting with Arcane and hiring a former Netflix executive to develop original movies and TV shows.
Matt TM Kim is the editor-in-chief of IGN. You can reach it @lawoftd.