Heritage Humane Society Announces Board Appointments
WILLIAMSBURG – Heritage Humane Society (HHS) recently announced the appointment of its 2022-23 Board of Directors who began their two-year term effective July 1.
- President: Heather Harmon, Henderson, Inc.
- Vice President: Dean Sculthorpe, Goodwill of Central and Coastal Virginia
- Treasurer: Carlyle Campbell, Virginia Credit Union
- Secretary: Sarah E. Melchior, Esq., William & Mary
- Member at large: Edgar Torres, Titan Worx
- Auxiliary Liaison Officer: John Morgan, Esq., Retired
- Katharine W. Durante, Esq., Hunton Andrews Kurth LLP
- Tucker K. Edmonds, Chesapeake Bank
- Ashlee Jones, local daily media
- Amy Kerr, Revel Concepts
- Dr. Andrew MacDougall, Riverbound Veterinary Clinic
- Martha W. McCartney, self-employed
- Courtney Thompson, Greater Williamsburg Chamber of Commerce
Council members can serve a maximum of three terms.
“I have been fortunate to work with many wonderful people over the years who are truly committed to the mission of Heritage Humane Society.” President Heather Harmon said in a press release. “In my final years of service to HHS, I have been touched by the incredible members of our Board of Directors. As I begin another year of leadership with them, I am very excited and grateful to serve with Their talents, knowledge, dedication and intense focus on our vision make me look forward to another successful year.”
Heritage Humane Society serves as compassionate guardians of homeless pets who are transitioning from wandering/abandoned homes to forever homes, according to the release. It serves to educate the public about humane animal care and treatment, advocate for animal welfare, and provide affordable adoption services.
Learn more about Heritage Humane Society here.
Editor’s note — Board member Ashlee Jones is an employee of Local Daily Media, the parent company of WYDaily.